Want to adopt? Get started here.
Important Notice About COVID-19 Coronavirus
In compliance with the Yolo County order directing individuals to shelter-in-place of residence, 3R Rescue has suspended all adoptions. You are welcome to submit an adoption application, but response times may be significantly delayed. We appreciate your understanding.
At 3R Rescue, we strive to find the best match between you and a new companion. Each dog in our care has a unique personality and individual needs, which we work to match with the routine and lifestyle of your family.
The general steps to adopting a 3R dog are outlined here, but sequence may vary occasionally.
- Complete our Online Adoption Application below.
- A representative from 3R Rescue will contact you to arrange a “Meet and Greet” between your dog of interest and your family members (including your canine companions.)
- A Home Check will be performed and references contacted (including your veterinarian) prior to adoption.
- Review the dog’s Going Home Packet, sign our Adoption Agreement and pay the Adoption Donation.
- Your new companion will be placed in your care!
The Adoption Donation is typically $250. This helps 3R Rescue with costs such as spay/neuter surgeries, vaccinations, required veterinary care, food and shelter, as well as any other expenses needed to properly care for dogs prior to adoption. Military/veteran and senior citizen adoption discounts may be available.